Geek is dedicated in safeguarding and considers every client’s privacy.
Our policy says that, any information which we take from you, or that you provide us, will be checked and analyzed by us. Please carefully read the following and understand our views as well as the procedures regarding the analysis and usage of your personal data and how we actually treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA), the data regulator is Geek.
INFORMATION WHICH WE MIGHT NEED TO OBTAIN FROM YOU:
Our professional might need the following information from you:-
- Geek website provides an online form which might need to get filled which will have slots for all the information. It will include the information provided at the time of registering to our website, requesting for any further services, posting any of your material or subscribing to our service. Our professionals might even ask you for information when you report a problem with our site. Also, if you contact us we might keep the correspondence for the record.
- We might ask you to complete reviews that we use for our research purposes, although you need not respond to them.
- Details of your stopover to our site will be included, not limited to traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data. Whether this is required for our own purposes or not and the resources that you reach out for. Information that you provide which are the parts of recruitment process, where we use the site to advertise and/or receive information from candidates.
- IP ADDRESSES: We would collect information about your system, including your IP address, OS and type of browser, for our system administration. This is statistical data about our clients browsing patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Transmission of data
The transmission of information through internet is always a matter of doubt. But we do our best to protect all your personal data. We use strict procedures and security features to prevent any unauthorized access.
Uses made of the information
We use information about you in different ways:
- To ensure that the information from our site is presented in the most effective way for you and your computer
- Where you have consent to be contacted for any purpose, we provide the information or service which you might require from us or which we feel that are apt for you.
- To carry out our obligations this might rise from any contracts, which will be signed between you and us.
- Allowing you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- We may also use your data to provide you with information about services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these via post or telephone.
- If you are an existing client, we will only contact you by electronic means with information about services similar to those which were the subject of a previous engagement by you
- New clients will be contacted through email or a phone call only if you have applied for it.
Note: If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please contact us
We may disclose your personal information only to a member of OUR group, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We might disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event when we sell or buy any business or assets, in such situations we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Geek or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by the organization regarding its clients, will be considered as transferable assets.
It is your right to ask us not to process your personal data for any marketing purposes. We usually inform clients (before collecting their data) if we intend to use their data for such purposes. You can practice your right to prevent such processing by selecting certain options on the forms which we use while collecting your data. You can also exercise these rights at any time just by making a contact to us.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partners and affiliates. We would suggest you to check their privacy policies If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a certain fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we have in hold about you.